Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Queenstown

So, after Milford Sound we went to Queenstown for 4 nights. Queenstown is cool but it is so tiny! It's funny what they consider a city here. Everywhere is so tiny so all of the sudden you go somewhere where more than 10,000 people live and it seems MASSIVE. While we were in Queenstown it was Steve's birthday! So, we decided to go bungee jumping to celebrate. Yikes! We did the highest jump-143 meters. There was an almost 8 second freefall. It was so nuts. I wasn't scared until about halfway into the jump when I realized I couldn't catch myself and I was headed head first into a valley. Ha. But it was really cool!

Another highlight of Queenstown was the food. There is one burger place that was recommended by Amanda(thanks!) and it was so good! The burgers are HUGE and yummy. It is called Fergburger and apparently people ask to franchise it about 3 times a week, but they enjoy just staying one place. Kinda cool. First I had the Southern swine. Then a Bun Laden. Veryy different but good! We also found a chocolate shop that I think we went to every day. It's called Padagonia and they have coffee cheesecake, chocolate, ice cream, croissants, oh man. Otherwise we just went on a couple walks and hung out, did some shopping. It was relaxing. I liked Queenstown, the capital of adventure I just wish it wasn't so expensive. If you want to do all the fun stuff it costs quite a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment