Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Phuket

Yay! Finally catching up.

We are now in Phuket. It is very interesting. We are in an area that is very family oriented but also lots of old guys with Thai women all around them, creepy! This city is pretty strange but it's nice that it has a beach. The beach is really empty and beautiful too. The waves are huge and the tides and currents are apparently really dangerous.

So one awesome thing happened today. We were at lunch and we got free fruit at the end of our meal. As Steve was taking a bite of banana I spit a watermelon seed into his closing mouth. It was the best shot in the world! Oh man I can never do that again but I was really proud. See how interesting Steve and I get after hanging out for almost 2 months straight? Jealous I know.

We went to Patong today which is a beach about 7 km from us. It was raining but I had to get to a post office and Tuk Tuk's are very expensive here so we rented a motorbike. It was a little scary driving down hills in the crazy rain but we made it (and wore helmets!).

We are leaving for New Zealand tomorrow! So exciting! Hope home is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment